|Factur-X V1.0 – ZUGFeRD 2.1 common publication (EN)|
Factur-X is a Franco-German standard for hybrid e-invoice (PDF for users and XML data for process automation), the first implementation of the European Semantic Standard EN 16931 published by the European Commission on October 16th 2017. Factur-X is the same standard than ZUGFeRD 2.1.
Factur-X is at the same time a full readable invoice in a PDF A/3 format, containing all information useful for its treatment, especially in case of discrepancy or absence of automatic matching with orders and / or receptions, and a set of invoice data presented in an XML structured file conformant to EN16931 (syntax CII D16B), complete or not, allowing invoice process automation.
The first objective of Factur-X is to enable suppliers, invoice issuers, to create added-value e-invoices, containing a maximum of information in structured form, according to their ability to produce them in this form, and to let customers recipients free to use the invoice data and / or the readable presentation, depending on their needs and their invoice process maturity on automation.
In order to allow the broadest adoption by any size of companies, and in order to guide them, this standard includes several data profiles:
AIFE (French Agency for State Financial Informatics), who is in charge of CHORUS PRO, has integrated Factur-X as an available hybrid format in Chorus Pro since May 2018.
Following original version published on December 31st 2017, the FNFE-MPE has published in July 2018 a second version of the documentation, in English and French, followed with a version 1.0.03 in October 2018, and a version .04 on June 2019, with the Codelist from the EN 16931 published by CEF, and a common profile EXTENDED with ZUGFeRD 2.0.
March 24th 2020, FNFE-MPE and FERD published a common version strictly identical of Factur-X 1.0 and ZUGFeRD 2.1
Following our cooperation with FERD on Factur-X and ZUGFeRD alignement, we publish version .05 of Factur-X 1.0 documentation, together with ZUGFeRD 2.1.
- with strictly same xsd and Schematron on the 5 Profiles
- including the last Schematron for EN16931 and the application of the last Codelist publication from CEF
- with documentation available in French, English and German
- with examples made from both teams
The english version is available here:
It is composed with:
- a presentation and implementation guidance document for Factur-X (Version V1.0.05), which comes in addition to the EN16931 documentation (see AFNOR, ILNAS, or EVS, …)
- an example of an XMP extension scheme (for the creation of PDF A-3)
- an excel representation of the XML syntax UNCEFACT CII D16B for the implementation of the different profiles of set of invoice data, with a template for a readable presentation of all the information present in the Norm EN 16931, as well as the main business rules, and the code lists.
- 5 XSD schemes, and Schematrons: MINIMUM, BASIC_WL, BASIC, EN 16931, EXTENDED profiles, as well as the complete XSD of SCRDM D16B XML CII which allows the widest acceptance (recommended for reception).
- Last version of EN 16931 CII D16B Schematron, applicable on EN 16931 and BASIC profiles.
- examples of invoices in Factur-X format, in all profiles and for different situations, and the FERD examples of ZUGFeRD.
- logo tablets(per profile), which can be added in the PDF readable presentation in order to signify to the recipient that it is a Factur-X invoice.
- Last update of the EN 16931 Codelist published by CEF and applicable on May 15th for the last corrections.